Monday 25 August 2014

Most Used Beauty Products || Summer 2014

Mood: Delighted
Listening to: Coldplay- A Sky Full of Stars

Hello beautiful bloggers,
As you may have noticed, I decided to change the theme of my blog to something more professional. I was fed up of making my own, spending hours making one for it not to look that good. I'm extremely happy with my blog's new look and hope you love it too. I downloaded the template from a site called
 http://www.pipdig.co/
I would definitely recommend using another template by them and the prices are very reasonable for what you receive.

Anyway, back to what I was originally meant to write about; I decided to create a post of all my most used summer products. I was maybe thinking of doing a series of summer/spring/autumn and winter favourites instead of the usual monthly favourites. I haven't fully decided if I will yet, but it's an idea I'm really fond of.

So, as summer is ending (less sun, more rain) I've been looking in my make-up bag and realised I've practically been using the same products more or less everyday. For me, summer 2014 was all about pink lips, winged eyeliner and dewy, highlighted skin. I've really enjoyed using all of these products, and they will always remind me of summer 2014.

Farewell to Summer
Most Used Products
elf Clear mascara/brow gel
elf Cream Blush in Seductress
Dove Summer Glow Moisturiser with gradual tan
Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Aurora
Mac Eyeshadow in Naked Lunch
YSL Rouge Volupte in 32 (could be the colour Jealous Coral?)
Benefit's Watt's Up! Highlighter
MAC lipstick in Bombshell
MUA Eyeshadow trio in Pink Sorbet
Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner in black

L-R- Aurora, Bombshell & Shade 32
These were the lip products I've loved wearing during the summer, I love wearing Aurora(gloss) over MAC's Bombshell lipstick for a gorgeous glossy finish. I can't tell you how much I love these YSL lipsticks, the creamy texture is to die for. The colour pay-off is fantastic and it has fruity scent which is lovely for summer.

Summer Glow
I may have mentioned the Dove summer glow previously in another post, but I swear this stuff is amazing. It gives me such a healthy glow as I'm pretty pale. It doesn't have a disgusting smell like some gradual tanners do and it's very subtle and natural which I love in a tan. Benefit's Watt's Up is such a beautiful champagne coloured highlighter and it's perfect accompaniment with the gradual tan to give your face a healthy summer glow.

A much loved product
Throughout the summer, I didn't bother with heavy eyshadows and dark colours, I stayed pretty neutral as I wanted the winged eyliner to be the star of the show. These eyeshadows are beautifully pigmented and complimented the eyeliner whilst shimmering in the sun's light. MUA products are such a steal and I can't recommend this trio enough.

Naked Lunch
This eyeshadow was my first ever MAC purchase along with the colour Satin Taupe. Although this is a re-purchase as my other one had run out, I still love it as much as when I first bought it. Before summer, it had been neglected and stashed away in my storage box for months, so I decided summertime was the perfect time for it to go on holiday into my make-up bag. When I wanted to keep my eye make-up simple I would just swipe some of this across my lids and it instantly brightens them up. It's a wonderful pale champagne colour and slightly pigmented and perfect for everyday use.

Perfect eyes
This Eyeko liquid eyeliner actually came free with Glamour(?) magazine which cost £2. I've never had such a good freebie and I even re-purchased the magazine just to get the liner in navy. I would definitely purchase this eyeliner full price as it's so easy to use and doesn't smudge. I've also been loving using this clear brow gel from elf, it's been great to keep those rogue eyebrow hairs in place and I like that it's double ended so you could use one for eyelashes and one for eyebrows if you wanted to.

Seductress
Last but not least for my summer favourites is this cream blush by elf. The colour seductress is a beautiful red/pink matte colour. I used a matte colour as it looks more natural and using a highlighter gave my skin the glow I wanted anyway. I was a bit scared to use this as it's quite a dark colour but I used a stippling brush to apply it and it came out natural looking and gave a subtle rosy cheek.

So that is all for my Summer 2014 favourites, I hope you enjoyed reading this post and let me know what products you've been loving this summer.

Love from Bethan

xox

25 comments:

  1. That shade of MAC lipstick looks gorgeous! I have been looking for an everyday lipstick and it looks perfect xo

    EmsAlice // Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the MUA eyeshadow trio! :)
    And those pretty pink blushes and lippies, xx
    allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm digging the ELF creme blush color. It looks incredibly rich. I'm bummed summer is almost over. Booo. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, they're so cheap and you get a lot of product too!

      xox

      Delete
  4. I love all of these shades and hate that summer is over too :(

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post ;) The cream blush from Elf looks especially tempting! May I ask where you purchased it?

    Bella XXX
    Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased it from the online elf store, but there's also a elf store near me so I can pop in now and again :)

      xox

      Delete
  6. Love this post, the lipsticks look amazing, I might give them a try! Would you please check out my blog, and perhaps follow it? I'm new to blogging, so it would really mean a lot. Thank you!

    - Emma thirlybella.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, of course I'll check out your blog.

      xox

      Delete
  7. Just came across your blog and LOVE it so far!
    Such a great post - I have a lot of similar favourites to you and definitely want to get my hands on Naked Lunch, think it'll be the next addition to my palette!
    Lydia x
    www.LydiaRosexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Naked Lunch is a beautiful addition to anyone's make-up collection :)

      xox

      Delete
  8. I love Watts up but I felt the eyeko skinny liner dried out really quickly! Great buys though!

    xo
    www.style-wire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's strange, mines still working fine after a few months of constant use, maybe I got lucky!

      xox

      Delete
  9. I can't believe Summer is coming to an end. Loving those lipstick colors!

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's gone by too quick this year!

      xox

      Delete
  10. Benefit Watts Up Highlighter is the best isn't it?! xxx

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! And the packaging is super cute too :)

      xox

      Delete
  11. The MUA shadow palette looks gorgeous!
    Everything Beauty

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments left on my blog and I read every single one and try to reply to most of them. Thank you for taking your time to read my posts you beautiful people <3

Blogger Template by pipdig